LexRAP is having a LAPTOP Drive! To donate a laptop with the below specs, contact Jane by email.
If you have not removed your personal information, we have a group of volunteers who will delete the user’s profile and files. Make sure that there isn’t a password needed to sign in to your computer. Please don’t give us damaged, broken laptops or those without charging cords - we won’t be able to fix laptops that are broken.
• Donated PC laptops should have at least Windows 7 or above to be usable.
• To find out what version of Windows you have, first look for a sticker on the laptop showing the version of Windows.
• If there is no sticker, turn on your computer and sign in.
• Right click on “My Computer” or “This PC” and a menu will appear.
• Select “Properties” from that menu. The will bring up a window that will show the version of Windows that you have.
• Macs shouldn’t have significant known problems and not be more than 3 to 4 years old.
Thank for your generosity in advance!
LexRAP is a group of concerned people from Lexington and surrounding communities calling itself the Lexington Refugee Assistance Program or “LexRAP.” Our focus is to make Lexington and surrounding communities welcoming places for refugees and to help them directly. Go to www.lexrap.org to learn more about us or subscribe to our newsletter updates.
Here you'll find information of interest to the LexRAP Community.